Crown of Thorns


Crown of Thorns
*
Thou, O Lord, canst transform my thorn into a flower. And I want my thorn transformed into a flower. Job got the sunshine after the rain, but has the rain been all waste? Job wants to know, I want to know, if the shower had nothing to do with the shining. And thou canst tell me--Thy cross can tell me. Thous has crowned Thy sorrows. Be thou my sorrow. Be this my crown, O Lord. I only trump in Thee when I have learned the radiance of the rain.
x
George Matherson, Streams in the Desert
*
*
Praying God's Word
x
I want to trust in You, Lord, with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding; in all my ways I will acknowledge You, and You will make my paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
x
May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to Your promise to Your servant. Let Your compassion come to me that I may live, for Your law is my delight... My soul faints with longing for Your salvation, but I have put my hope in Your Word. (Psalm 119: 76-77,81)
c
I love you Lord, You heard my voice; You heard my cry for mercy. Because You turned Your ear to me, I will call on You as long as I live. The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and sorrow. Then I called on the name of the Lord: O Lord, save me! You, Lord, are gracious and righteous; my God is full of compassion. You, Lord, protect the simple-hearted; when I was in great need, You saved me. Be at rest once more, O my Soul, for the Lord has been good to you. (Psalm 116: 1-7)
*
**
"Praying God's Word- Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds," by Beth Moore, Overcoming Despair
pages 205-206, Broadman & Holman Publishers, ISBN #080542351-6

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin