God Is Speaking


God is Speaking
by Joyce Meyer

God promises to lead us and guide us. He says in Isaiah 30:21, “And your ears will hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way; walk in it, when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left” (The Amplified Bible).
2
We need to quiet all the noise in our lives and become sensitive to God’s still, small voice. We will always have to fight the voices trying to compete with Him for our obedience. Our feelings and mind-sets try to influence us. Our friends and families may want to tell us what to do. The enemy whispers to our minds. The past reminds us not to make the same mistakes we made before. And the rules and regulations of the world try to convince us we must follow them.
2
None of these voices or influences will lead us into truth and life. Only God can be trusted to say, “This is the way; walk in it.” We have to tune our ears to His voice by staying in close communion with Him through prayer, Bible study and worship so we will recognize His voice when He speaks.
2
Most of the time, God does not speak to us in an audible voice. We hear Him in our hearts. Sometimes He speaks by reminding us of a truth or principle from His Word. Sometimes He gives us thoughts or ideas we would not have had on our own. Other times we simply have a strong sense of knowing what to do.
2
God speaks not only about the urgent or important matters of life but also regarding the most seemingly insignificant situations. He does this because He loves us and wants to lead us in every aspect of our lives.
2
Here’s an example. I was on my way home one day and intended to stop and get a cup of coffee, when I had a strong impression that I should call my secretary and ask if she wanted a cup too. When I called, she said, “I was just standing here thinking, I would love a good cup of coffee right now.”
2
You see, God wanted to give her the desire of her heart, and He wanted to work through me. I did not hear a loud voice, nor see an angel, nor did I have a vision. I simply had an inner sensing that I should offer her a cup of coffee. As a result, we both experienced great joy in knowing God cares about the smallest details of our lives.
2
Quite often we ignore little promptings such as the one I had. The more we do, the harder it is to develop sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.
2
Had I been wrong in assuming God was speaking to me, the worst thing that would have happened would have been for my secretary to say she did not want any coffee. In that case, she still would have had the blessing of knowing I was thinking of her.
2
If someone is on your heart, I encourage you to pray for that person or call him or her and say, “I was just thinking of you.” You never know how a seemingly small gesture such as a phone call can alter a person’s day or perhaps change someone’s life.
2
Let me encourage you today to keep your heart sensitive to God’s voice. He will speak to your heart and lead you in the way you should go.
2
Do not let disobedience, distractions, or the noise and busy pace of the world cause you to miss His voice when He speaks. Stay quiet and peaceful on the inside so you can hear Him when He speaks to you.
2
Remember this: Each time we disobey God, it becomes more difficult to hear Him the next time He speaks. But each time we obey Him, it gets easier to hear Him and to be led by His Spirit.
2
Life is not something we can redo, so we should do our best to make sure the first “go around” is great. I encourage you to enjoy today, embrace tomorrow and start living the way Jesus intends for you to live. God is speaking to you. Are you listening?

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin