Praying God's Word: Overcoming the Enemy

"Satan dines on what we withhold from God."
Francis Frangipane,
The Three Battlefields



Praying God's Word: Overcoming the Enemy
Beth Moore
d
d"Keep me safe, O God, for in You I take refuge. I say to You, Lord, "You are my Lord apart from you I have no good thing." (Psalm 16:1-2)

"Lord, my God, show the wonder of Your great love. You who save me by Your right hand those who take refuge in You from their foes. Keep me Lord as the apple of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of our wings from the wicked who assail me." (Psalm 17:7-9)

"Reach down from on high, my God and my Redeemer, and take hold of me! Draw me out of deep waters. Rescue me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who are too strong for me! My enemy has confronted me in the day of my disaster, by You, Lord, are my support! Bring me to a spacious place; rescue me because You delight in me! (Psalm 18:16-19)

"As for You, my God, Your way is perfect; Your word is flawless. You are a shield for all who take refuge in You." (Psalm 18:30

"The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior! You are the God who avenges me, who subdues and saves me from my enemy! Therefore, I will praise You among nations, O Lord; I will sing praises to Your name. You give great victories, Lord God; You show Your unfailing kindness to Your anointed ones. (Psalm 18:46-50)

"I trust in You, Lord, so I'll let You rescue me. Teach me to delight in You and deliver me, O God." (Psalm 22:8)


.........."When the Archenemy finds a weak place in the walls of our castles, he takes care where to plant his battering ram and being his siege. You may conceal it from your friend, but you will not conceal it from your worst Enemy. He has lynx eyes and detects in a moment the weak point in your armor. He goes about with a match, and though you may think you have covered all the gunpowder of your heart, he knows how to find a crack to put his match through. Much mischief will he do unless eternal mercy prevents."

.-..C-Charles Spurgeon, Spurgeon on Prayer and Spiritual Warfare


"Though my enemy plots evil against me and devises wicked schemes, he will not succeed if I am walking with You, O God. You will make him turn his back when you aim at him with drawn bow. Be exalted, O Lord, in YOUR strength! I will sing and praise Your might! (Psalm 21:11-13)

"You, the Lord, are my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? You, the Lord, are the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid? When evil advances against me, cause him to stumble and fall. Though an unseen army besiege me, cause my heart not to fear; though war breaks out against me, even then will I be confident. . . .Because . . . one thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek You in Your temple. (Psalm 27:1-4)

"Lord God, in the day of trouble, keep me safe in Your dwelling. Hide me in the shelter of Your tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. Cause my head to be exalted above the enemy surrounding me. Then remind me to offer You the sacrifice with shouts of joy, and help me to sing and make music to You, Lord! (Psalm 27:5-6)


Praying God's Word - Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds, Beth Moore, pages 313-317; Broadman & Holman Publishsers, ISBN 080542351-6

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin