Be Still Sunday: Sin and Repentance



Be Still Sunday: Sin and Repentance

"One reliable rod for measuring, closeness to God would be the time lapses between sin and repentance. The spiritual man still sins, but he cannot bear to resist immediate repentance. His overwhelming sensitivity results in a holier life because he repents in the early stages of what otherwise would become a contagion of sin. Indeed, those who walk closely with God frustrate the efforts of the accuser; by the time he arrives in the heavenlies to register his accusations, God can say with pleasure, "I have no memory of that sin." - Beth Moore


Praying God's Word - by Beth Moore

"Father God, You made my Savior's life a guilt offering for me, (Isa. 53:10) His death was enough to handle my guilt."

"Lord Jesus, help me to accept and internalize that if God is for me, who can be against me? (Rom.8:31) It is You, God who justifies, (Rom. 8:33) Who is he that condemns? (Satan the Accuser of Man) Christ Jesus, who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at Your right hand, O God, and is also interceding for me. "

"In all these things I am more than a conqueror through You who loves me, Sovereign Lord. (Rom. 8:37)

"Lord, according to Your Word, he who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy." (Prov. 28:13)

"Father, I have been like the prodigal son, squandering my inheritance on worthless living. While I was still a long way off, You saw me and were filled with compassion for me. Your ran to receive me back into Your arms, I have come to You to confess my sin against heaven and against You. I have felt unworthy to be called Your son. But You celebrated my return to You and desired to put Your best robe around me and Your ring on my finger. Because of Your great mercy, You've received me back as a child, not a servant, I felt dead, but now I feel alive again! (Luke 15:13, 20-23, 32).

Praying God's Word- Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds by Beth Moore, pages 184-185 Broadman & Holman Publishers, ISBN # 080542351-6

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin