Praying God's Word: Suffering & Despair



Praying God's Word: Suffering & Despair
Beth Moore

We often see ourselves as fragile, breakable souls. We live in fear of that which we are certain we can't survive. As children of God, we are only as fragile as our unwillingness to turn and hide our face in Him. Our praise alone is fragile. Once its shell is broken and the heart is laid bare, we can sense the caress of God's tender care. Until then, He holds us just the same.

"You, O God, will never leave me. Never will You forsake me. (Heb. 13:5) You are the only absolute guarantee I have in all of life. Help me cling to the one thing I can never lose."

"One thing I ask of You, Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon Your beauty and to seek You in Your temple. For in the day of trouble You will keep me safe in Your dwelling; You will hide me in the shelter of Your tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. (Ps.27:4-5)

"You say to me, Lord, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Your power may rest on me." (2 Cor. 12:9)

"Help, me Lord, to finally comprehend what it means to consider it pure joy whenever I face trails of many kinds. Help me to know that testing of my faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work in me so that I may be mature and complete, lacking nothing. (James 1:2-4) Lord, You are not asking me to rejoice that I have lost someone or something precious but You know that, in my loss I can rejoice in all I have to gain if I'm willing. Never must my suffering be in vain."

"Merciful Lord, restore to me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. (Ps. 51:12)

"Lord, after all this suffering, let it be said that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel. As a result, make my Savior clear to all those around me. Because of my suffering and willing perseverance, cause others to be encourage to speak the Word of God more courageously and fearlessly. (Phil. 1:12-14)

Praying God's Word - Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds by Beth Moore, Broadman & Holman Publishers, pages 208-210, ISBN # 080542351-6

AMY GRANT - El Shaddai (Live)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin