Gaining Direction Through a Lack of Provision



Gaining Direction Through a Lack of Provision
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 2, by Os Hillman


"You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there" (1 Kings 17:4).

The prophet Elijah pronounced a drought upon the land because of the sin of Ahab and the nation of Israel. There was only one problem. Elijah had to live in the same land as Ahab.

"Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, 'As the LORD, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word.' Then the word of the LORD came to Elijah: 'Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have ordered the ravens to feed you there'" (1 Kings 17:1-4).

God provided for Elijah in a supernatural way. The ravens brought bread in the morning and meat in the evening. His water came from the brook.

God often uses money to confirm direction for our lives. Many times God uses a lack of provision to move us into new directions. It is a catalyst to encourage new ideas and strategies. Many times a loss of job becomes the greatest blessing to our lives because it provides the catalyst to do things we simply would never do without taking the step to get out of our comfort zone.

Friend, if you are fully following the Lord in your life and seeking direction from Him and you have no un-confessed sin in your life, there is no way He will allow you to miss His provision for you. He has a thousand ways to get the provision you need at the time you need it. Provision follows obedience.


Today's Prayer

God, I stay so busy. There is so much to do...working at home and outside the home, activities at church and school, taking time to exercise, appointments, family obligations, invitations to special events...it never ends. In fact, it all seems to grow larger day by day. Please remind me to take time out. I don't want to try to do everything and leave you out. I want to start fresh right now and come to you every day; spend time talking with you, meditating on your Word, listening to you, praising you and thanking you. Please, God, like a breath of fresh air, cleanse and clear my heart and mind. Lord, please fill me with your presence and power for living the life you want for me and my family. Thank you, in Jesus' name. Amen.
\
Personal Comment:
s
When someone loses a job it's like sinking in quick sand without a rope! I know for a fact that some of the wonderful Christian women who faithfully read this blog could easily share their own personal insight of just how hard it is to lose a job, or to have their husbands not to get paid for work performed (me included) or tell you just how hard it is to struggled to pay bills and put food and milk on the table for their children. Humbling, stressful, and depressing are just a few of the words that come to mind to describe their lives. Often when push really comes to shove life really isn't pretty and pink! No instead society chooses to go that extra mile to hammer nails of distress into someones coffin when they are down on their luck. That needs to change.
s
I don't know about you but I thought that the best part of this devotional by Os Hillman's was his suggestion to seek the Lord advice! Thankfully we are blessed with sound minds and creative passionate spirits to seek that HOLY ROAR!
Your thoughts and comments are always appreciated.
s
WORDS TO WARM THE HEART
s
"Obedience means marching right on whether we feel like it or not. Many times we go against our feelings. Faith is one thing, feeling is another." Dwight Lyman (D.L.) Moody
s
"Every revelation of God is a demand, and the way of knowledge of God is by obedience." William Temple
sove me you will obey my commandments." John 14:15
s
"Not everyone who calls me their Lord will get into the kingdom of heaven. Only the ones who obey my Father in heaven will get in." Matthew 7:21



2 comments:

Still Learning said...

Charlotte, you are such a blessing!! I know for us the job loss was the best thing that has ever happened to us in our relationship with the Lord. Boy, has it grown us. Now as we struggle along, he sustains us for certain as he continues to grow our faith and refine us.

Obedience is key. Staying in Him, in His word. It's easy for me to sometimes get angry and depressed but it's not the way God wants me to go. What an experience..

Your posts always bless me so!!
Thanks for the tips on Freecycle, I joined.

Have a great day,

Jenn

Heart2Heart said...

Charlotte,

This post spoke volumes to me. As a wife who watched her husband struggle to provide for his family while on disability while I tried to find whatever work I could, many times, when we added our bills we did not have enough to make ends meet. We simply trusted in God, continued to tithe what we could and for over a year, kept our home and made all our bills.

God truly does supply all our needs! I will never question that again!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin