Ascend Through The Words of Circumstances

.
"The Lord defends those who suffer;
he defends them in times of trouble.
c
Those who know the Lord trust him,
because he will not leave those who come to him."
c
Psalm 9:9-10


Ascend Through The Words of Circumstances
s

SITUATION David and other psalmist praised God as a way of saying thank you. God helped David and the Israelites. They knew God would show his constant care in the future too.

OBSERVATION God is never deaf to his children's cries for help.

INSPIRATION The Bible is a Christian's guidebook, and I believe the knowledge it sheds on pain and suffering is the great antidote to fear for suffering people. . . .

When I suffer pain over any length of time I try to reflect on the good which the Bible has promised pain is producing in me . . . .

How does suffering accomplish this? I ask myself it produces perseverance or steadiness, by slowing me down, by forcing me to turn to God by proving to me that I can survive a crisis . . . .

The Bible is filled with resources available to one trying to stave off fears and helplessness. Reading Job's thrashings in fear about God's seeming lack of concern can make mine easier to bear . . . .And knowledge about prayer to a loving God can ward off frenzied efforts to "muster up faith" in hopes of impressing God--prayer does not work that way, as the Bible shows, God is already full of loving concern, we do not need to impress Him with spiritual calisthenics . . . .

Attitudes of fear and helplessness affect the quantity of suffering. At least we have the inspiring examples of those who have proved that the human spirit can ascend through the words of circumstances. And because man is both body and spirit, Christianity can offer a true and healing hope. (From Where is God When It Hurts by Philip Yancey)

APPLICATION Whenever you face a trail pray for God's help. Pray that God will be glorified in the situation. And thank him for the care he shows.

EXPLORATION God as Help-- Psalm 30:1-; 33:30; 54:4; 70:5; 115:9; 146:5.

The Devotional Bible -Experiencing the Heart of Jesus, Max Lucado General Editor, Thomas Nelson Publishers, New Century Version. Photograph of Child, Cat & Fish by Tone


1 comment:

Andrea said...

AMEN...the circumstances in my life have clearly been used to mold me into the person I am today. I am thankful HE never leaves me nor forsakes me.
Blessings, andrea

PS: Urgent prayer request on arise 2 write.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin