The Testing of Your Faith

DANGEROUS LANDING post by PK

The Testing of Your Faith
Pastor Adrian Rogers
s
s
"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you." 1 Peter 4:12

Has something bad happened to you and you said, "Oh me. What did I do? I must have done something terrible. Otherwise, this wouldn't have happened!"

And before you knew it, you fell headlong into a pity party of morbid introspection — taking yourself apart piece by piece to see where you went wrong. If you're like most people, you have.

But have you ever thought that maybe you've done absolutely nothing wrong, but God is simply testing your faith? This is an important truth for you to understand, because if you don't, you may get discouraged. The seeds of doubt and discouragement sprout in the soil of ignorance.

Read Exodus 16 about the testing of the Lord in the lives of the Israelites while they were wandering in the desert. What applications can you give to your life?
d
d
For more from Love Worth Finding and Pastor Adrian Rogers, please visit http://www.lwf.org/.
s
d
WORDS TO WARM THE HEART
s
"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 2 Cor 10:5 NIV
s
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways higher that your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9 NRSV
s
"When evil thoughts come into your heart dash them at once on the rock of Christ." St. Benedict
s
"A man is what he thinks about all day long." Ralph Waldo Emerson
ss
"As soon as man does not take his existence for granted, but beholds it as something unfathomably mysterious, thought begins." Albert Schweitzer
s
"A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." Sir William James
s
"Even in good thoughts there is a flickleness and inconstancy which may well be called vanity. It concerns us to keep a strict guard upon our thoughts, because God takes particular notice of them. Thoughts are words to God, and vain thoughts are provocations." Matthew Henry
S
Sss

1 comment:

Kat said...

Charlotte,

I am still working through a long backlog of emails and comments from my month away. We were hit with the swine flu the day after we returned and have been down for three weeks. Now that we are feeling better I have 5 days to get home school underway, packed, Thanksgiving plans etc... done before I leave to visit my sister in Italy. So that is why this is so outdated.

In case you don't even remember... I wouldn't... here is a copy of what you said...

"Wipe out boards are a wonderful solution for keeping track of things. So glad to hear that you & your husband managed to get your kitchen painted at last. I can relate. I've lost count on all the many "let's do this or that" ideas that still haven't been completed around my house.

This must be one of those kind of days whre great minds think alike. Today on "Inspired Room" Melissa has posted a picture of a empty wall with a big chalkboard and simple frame that looks great in a kitchen. I thought to myself, would that work or not? It may be just too much black in all white kitchen, so I'm still riding the fence on that decision.

One of my neighbors painted the inside panels of her kitchen pantry doors with black chalkboard paint. This solution was a hit with her family."


Now, I want to say I love the blackboard paint in the pantry idea. I may do that inside a cupboard or two for a grocery list, menus and such.

Second, I was wondering if you decided to go with the blackboard or not?

Kat

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin