Avoid the Escape Mentality

ESCAPE ATTEMPT post by SA



Avoid the Escape Mentality
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 2, by Os Hillman
S


"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle" (Ps 144:1).

One of the best-selling American books of all time is a fiction series that focuses on the end times called Left Behind. It deals with the rapture of Christians from the earth before the final end-times crisis takes place and the anti-Christ rules.

If we are not careful we will fall into a mindset that we are simply buying time until Jesus calls us home. No matter what the end-times scripture teaches, it is clear that believers should model a behavior that is more like a soldier in battle desiring to take the land, than a person awaiting an airlift.

When God placed man on earth, He desired man to rule the earth. "God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground" (Gen 1:28). The intent was not dictatorship, but to express the love and care of God throughout all of creation in order to know and experience the creator in all things.

Today, we often have a cruise ship mentality in the Church of Jesus Christ instead of a battleship mentality designed to engage the enemy of our souls. Our army is often ill-equipped to know how to take the land that God has provided through His Son. This is why believers in the workplace must see their work and calling as an assignment from God to demonstrate His power in all of society in order to restore His rule upon the earth. That is the key reason Jesus died on the cross - to restore that which was lost (Lk 19:10).

Are you engaged in the battle?

PRAYER

Heavenly Father, I just want to thank You Lord for helping me make it through another day. Thank You for guiding my way, for keeping me safe, and for blessing me and my family. Heavenly Father, please give me strength for yet another day of life. Help me to walk in the paths of righteousness for Your name's sake. I want to lift up my friends who are suffering with cancer and illness and for those who are grieving the loss of a loved one. Reach into their lives and provide a peace and comfort that only You can give. Fill that hurt and emptiness they feel with Your presence. Be their help in their times of trouble and give them strength. In Jesus' precious name I pray, Amen.

s

For John - Happy Anniversary!

"Do You Hear What I Hear" Mannheim Steamroller

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I am engaged in the battle, but I must admit there are times when I want to "escape." Thanks for the gentle reminder that I must continue to stay in the game and fight the good fight.
Blessings, andrea

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin