Growing in Christ



Growing Up—Part 2
with Bayless Conley

Yesterday we began a list of ten areas in which Scripture says we should be growing. In today's devotional, I want to complete that list for you.

1. 1 Thessalonians 3:12 and 1 Thessalonians 4:9-10 teach us that we should grow in our love for others. I would hate to think that I have plumbed the depths of love for my wife, for my children, for my friends, or for God.

2. Ephesians 2:21 speaks to us of growing in unity. You and I ought to grow better and better at getting along with other believers, especially those in our church.

3. Luke 2:52 speaks of growing in wisdom. God is so anxious to provide you and me with His wisdom, but it is something we need to seek. Are you growing in wisdom?

4. Luke 2:52 also speaks of growing in favor. Are you obnoxious and hard to get along with? Do you find it difficult to get along with others? I challenge you, if that is true, to consider the model of Jesus for our lives. He grew in favor with both God and men.

5. 2 Peter 3:18 says that we can grow in grace. I don't know about you, but I am deeply grateful for God's grace in my life. And for those who extend me grace when I blow it. Is grace a hallmark of your life?

According to Scripture, these ten areas—the five from yesterday and the five today—are vital areas in which you and I are to grow. I challenge you to read each Scripture and take each area before the Lord and ask Him to reveal where you need to grow.

You will be amazed at the change for good that will come about in your life!

Visit the Answers with Bayless Conley website for more ways to Connect with God



What is Salvation?
Pastor Adrian Rogers

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God." 1 John 5:1

What is salvation?

Salvation is not a creed. You say, "Well, I believe the plan of salvation." You can believe the plan of salvation and go straight to hell. You're not saved by the plan of salvation, you're saved by the man of salvation.


Salvation is not a code. You say, "Well, I believe if you live right, you'll go to heaven." If you could be saved by living right, then Calvary was a blunder.

Salvation is not a cause. You say, "I'm a member of a good, fundamental, Bible believing church." You can be a member of any church and many good causes and go straight to hell.

Salvation is not any of these things. It is found in Christ. Salvation is not "believing something," it is receiving Someone. The true gospel is one that centers in Jesus Christ.

Ask God to give you a divine opportunity to boldly share Jesus with someone today. Maybe it's a co-worker, maybe it's your child. Maybe it's a stranger that sits next to you at a restaurant. Be strong and of good courage. God will go before you to prepare the way.








All In {Letting Go} by Toby Mac


Untitled Poem
by Kool Christian Girl

I'm falling in love with you
All over again
Returning to Your throne of grace
Coming back to Your love,
Loss at words to say
How You always receive me
Even when I've been running,
Your grace astounds me
Your love overtakes me,
Erases the pain I feel
Although I still hurt
And some days the tears won't stop falling
I find comfort in the shadow of your wings.

Feels like I'm falling in love again,
Returning to Your throne of grace
Coming back to Your love
I'm falling in love again...

It's You
And I'm falling in love,
It's love
And You're here,
Feels like I'm falling in love again...

I'm trusting You
With all my heart,
You're everything
And I'm falling in love again...

I'm falling into Your arms again,
The arms that always receive me,
You welcome me home
And I'm falling in love again,
Committing to You again...


It's You
And I'm falling in love,
It's love
And You're here,
I'm falling in love again...

I'm looking into Your eyes again,
The eyes that show love
You look into mine,
Whisper you've always loved me
Never let me go,
I'm returning to You again...

No one else I seek
I've turned to other things
But You're the only One,
Who truly satisfies my soul
I'm falling in love again...

Feels like I'm falling in love again,
Though you've never left me
Your love overtakes me
Time and time again,
Feels like I'm falling in love again,
Returning to the same You
That I first fell in love with
When You first called my name,
Feels like I'm falling in love again...

It's You
And I'm falling in love,
It's love
And You're here to stay
Feels like I'm falling in love again...

I'm falling in love with You again,
Thank You Jesus
I'm falling in love again,
Falling in love with my Savior who first loved me
I'm falling in love again,
Thank You Jesus
I'm falling in love again...

1 comment:

Heart2Heart said...

Charlotte,

Love the list of things that we should be looking for on our path to spiritual growth.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin