When Deep Sleep Falls




When Deep Sleep Falls
Job Chapter 33: 14-30

God does speak--now one way, now another--
though man may not perceive it.
In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls on men as they slumber in their beds,
he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings,
to turn man from wrong doing and keep him from pride,
to preserve his soul from the pit,
his life from perishing by the sword.
Or a man may be chastened
on a bed of pain with constant distress in his bones,
so that his very being finds food repulsive
and his soul loathes the choicest meal.
His flesh wastes away to nothing,
and his bones, once hidden, now stick out.
His soul draws near to the pit,
and his life to the messengers of death.
"Yet if there is an angel on his side as a mediator,
one out of a thousand, to tell a man what is right for him,
to be gracious to him and say,
'Spare him from going down to the pit;
I have found a ransom for him'--
then his flesh is renewed like a child's;
it is restored as in the days of his youth.
He prays to God and finds favor with him,
he sees God's face and shouts for joy;
he is restored by God to his righteous state.
Then he comes to men and says,
'I sinned, and perverted what was right,
but I did not get what I deserved.
He redeemed my soul from going down to the pit,
and I will live to enjoy the light.'
"God does all these things to a man--
twice, even three times--
to turn back his soul from the pit,
that the light of life may shine on him.






God's Messengers
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 1, by Os Hillman


"Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing His plan to His servants the prophets." Amos 3:7

"You are called to free workplace believers from the Esau life." Those were the words spoken to me years ago by someone God sent into my life. I had been in the midst of trying to understand some catastrophic events that shook my world. Years later, I was able to see that God gave this person supernatural insight that revealed God's calling on my life.

God still uses His prophets today to reveal His plans in the lives of His people. I have seen this Scripture proved over and over in the lives of people. It is as though God sends out His "scouts" to inform His servants what is ahead for them. Sometimes He does this because He knows the event will require such changes in that person's life and so He wants to assure them of His love. I have experienced the Lord using me in this way in the life of other individuals. God did this in the life of Moses. He came to Moses at the burning bush to reveal His purposes for the people of Israel and His call on Moses to free them.

Has God placed individuals in your life to speak His plans for you? Are your eyes and ears spiritually sensitive so that you will know who are messengers of God? Elisha had a servant who could not see or hear with spiritual eyes and ears until Elisha prayed they would be opened. Then the servant could see the great army of God protecting them (see 2 Kings 6:17). Pray that you might see and hear with the Spirit. He may desire to reveal His purposes and plans through another individual.


Today's Prayer

"I have called upon You, for You will hear me, O God; Incline Your ear to me, and hear my speech. Show Your marvelous lovingkindness by Your right hand, O You who save those who trust in You, from those who rise up against them. Keep me as the apple of Your eye; Hide me under the shadow of Your wings, From the wicked who oppress me, From my deadly enemies who surround me" (Psalm 17:6-9). My God, what a privilege to be the apple of Your eye, loved beyond comprehension and nurtured to grow into that prized fruit of Your making. I thank You and praise You for Your loving kindness and Your protection Lord. I pray that You will also hide our troops in the shadow of Your wings, those brave men and women who fight for freedom and long for peace. In Jesus' precious name I pray, Amen.

Today God Is First (TGIF) devotional message, Copyright by Os Hillman, Marketplace Leaders

Personal Comment: I usually don't post this many devotionals on one day. But these scripture verses from the Holy Spirit are meant for someone. I hope everyone has a nice Thursday. --Charlotte

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin