My Heart Aches



My heart aches for the Beautiful Land of Cherry Trees...


All Good Things Come from God

If the Lord doesn't build the house,
the builders are working for nothing.
If the Lord doesn't guard the city,
the guards are watching for nothing. Psalm 127:1


A Prayer of Someone Far from Home

PSALM 120


When I was in trouble, I called to the Lord,
and he answered me.
Lord, save me from liars
and from those who plan evil.

You who plan evil, what will God do to you?
How will he punish you?
He will punish you with the sharp arrows of a warrior
and with burning coals of wood.

How terrible it is for me to live in the land of Meshech,
to live among the people of Kedar.
I have lived too long
with people who hate peace.
When I talk peace,
they want war.






The Lord Guards His People

PSALM 121


I look up to the hills,
but where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth.

He will not let you be defeated.
He who guards you never sleeps.
He who guards Israel
never rests or sleeps.
The Lord guards you.
The Lord is the shade that protects you from the sun.
The sun cannot hurt you during the day,
and the moon cannot hurt you at night.
The Lord will protect you from all dangers;
he will guard your life.
The Lord will guard you as you come and go,
both now and forever.

Pray for the PEACE of Jerusalem


Psalm 122


I was happy when they said to me,
"Let's go to the Temple of the Lord."
Jerusalem, we are standing
at your gates.

Jerusalem is built as a city
with the buildings close together.
The tribes go up there,
the tribes who belong to the Lord.
It is the rule in Israel
to praise the Lord at Jerusalem.
There the descendants of David
set their thrones to judge the people.



STORM COMIN'

I posted these pictures and quotes last Friday on my blog Pixtal Peep:




"Celebrate your success and stand strong when adversity hits, for when the storm clouds come in, the eagles soar while the small birds take cover”



"Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm”



"Life does not consist mainly, or even largely, of facts and happenings. It consists mainly of the storm of thought that is forever flowing through one's head.” Mark Twain




"The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but deliverance from fear” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Storm Coming

Went to sleep last night and I woke up feeling right
Daylight in my eyes and it seemed to be really bright
I went to the window and I looked up in the sky
I saw the angels coming but I knew it wasn't time to die
I took a look around I saw the clouds begin to form
I knew we must be near the end because the clouds come before the storm

I know the time is near
Lightning and thunder will soon here

Storm comin'
And it's coming our way
Storm comin'
And it might come today
(look out, here it comes)

I know my days are numbered
And I haven't got long to roam
It seems like quite a while I've been feeling like I want to go home
I'm just waiting for the day when Jesus will come and take me by the hand
There's no need to worry, He's gonna take me to the promise land

I hope you'll be there too
Jesus is waiting for you

Storm comin'
And it's coming our way
Storm comin'
And it might come today
(look out, here it comes)







Storm Comin' - The Wailin' Jennys


There will be storms in life that we can't outrun. Just as Jesus didn't run from the cross, He won't run from us in those storms. Storms are difficult, frightening even; and we may want to run, but in doing so, we don't want to run from our Salvation. There is love in the storm, peace and hope. Isaiah 43:2

1 comment:

Jane Hoppe said...

Haiti, Australia, New Zealand, Japan ... "my heart aches" and "storm's coming" perfectly capture these happenings, and the scriptures you chose here seem both perfect balm and pillar to hang on to in high winds.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin