Keeping a Clear Mind





June 8
Keeping a Clear Mind
Dr. Charles Stanley


Romans 12:1-2


The human mind is an amazing creation of God. Nothing on earth can match its capabilities or creativity. It controls feelings, thoughts, words, attitudes, and behavior. Who we become and what we achieve are largely due to how and what we think. Wouldn’t it make sense to let the One who created us guide our thought processes?


A clear mind is one that’s aligned with God’s Word and controlled by His Spirit. When the Lord has authority over our thoughts, discernment will guard our perspective. He empowers us to look beyond the surface and view situations as they really are. We can distinguish not just between right and wrong but also between good and best. The Lord has granted us the ability to think rightly no matter what challenges may face us.


But such clear, focused thinking must be deliberately chosen and diligently maintained. If we don’t guard against the world’s influence, we will find ourselves squeezed into its mold. Soon we’ll have a fragmented mind that cannot focus on spiritual things because it is cluttered and clogged with worldly thoughts and concerns. We must carefully consider what we allow into our minds. So ask yourself,Is this helping me become the person God wants me to be, or is it hindering the process?


A renewed mind begins with surrender to the Lord. Until you give Him full authority over your thoughts, you’ll have no power to clear out the clutter that hinders you from living in the fullness of His will. But as you yield to Him and fill your mind with His Word, He’ll transform your life.


For more biblical teaching and resources from Dr. Charles Stanley, please visit www.intouch.org.

Prophecy in the News: Pentecost


Today's Scripture Reading:  

PSALM 50
God Wants True Worship

1 The Mighty One, God, the LORD,

speaks and summons the earth

from the rising of the sun to where it sets.

2 From Zion, perfect in beauty,

God shines forth.

3 Our God comes

and will not be silent;

a fire devours before him,

and around him a tempest rages.

4 He summons the heavens above,

and the earth, that he may judge his people:

5 “Gather to me this consecrated people,

who made a covenant with me by sacrifice.”

6 And the heavens proclaim his righteousness,

for he is a God of justice.

7 “Listen, my people, and I will speak;

I will testify against you, Israel:

I am God, your God.

8 I bring no charges against you concerning your sacrifices

or concerning your burnt offerings, which are ever before me.

9 I have no need of a bull from your stall

or of goats from your pens,

10 for every animal of the forest is mine,

and the cattle on a thousand hills.

11 I know every bird in the mountains,

and the insects in the fields are mine.

12 If I were hungry I would not tell you,

for the world is mine, and all that is in it.

13 Do I eat the flesh of bulls

or drink the blood of goats?

14 “Sacrifice thank offerings to God,

fulfill your vows to the Most High,

15 and call on me in the day of trouble;

I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”

16 But to the wicked person, God says:
“What right have you to recite my laws

or take my covenant on your lips?

17 You hate my instruction

and cast my words behind you.

18 When you see a thief, you join with him;

you throw in your lot with adulterers.

19 You use your mouth for evil

and harness your tongue to deceit.

20 You sit and testify against your brother

and slander your own mother’s son.

21 When you did these things and I kept silent,

you thought I was exactly[c] like you.

But I now arraign you

and set my accusations before you.

22 “Consider this, you who forget God,

or I will tear you to pieces, with no one to rescue you:

23 Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me,

and to the blameless I will show my salvation.”



PSALM 51
A Prayer for Forgiveness

Have mercy on me, O God,

according to your unfailing love;

according to your great compassion

blot out my transgressions.

2 Wash away all my iniquity

and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I know my transgressions,

and my sin is always before me.

4 Against you, you only, have I sinned

and done what is evil in your sight;

so you are right in your verdict

and justified when you judge.

5 Surely I was sinful at birth,

sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

6 Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb;

you taught me wisdom in that secret place.

7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;

wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

8 Let me hear joy and gladness;

let the bones you have crushed rejoice.

9 Hide your face from my sins

and blot out all my iniquity.

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,

and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11 Do not cast me from your presence

or take your Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation

and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,

so that sinners will turn back to you.

14 Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,

you who are God my Savior,

and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.

15 Open my lips, Lord,

and my mouth will declare your praise.

16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;

you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

17 My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit;

a broken and contrite heart

you, God, will not despise.

18 May it please you to prosper Zion,

to build up the walls of Jerusalem.

19 Then you will delight in the sacrifices of the righteous,

in burnt offerings offered whole;

then bulls will be offered on your altar.







No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin