Lead Me To The Cross




Where Are You?
Dr. Charles Stanley


Genesis 3:7-13


After not listening to God, Adam and Eve found themselves in a terrible predicament. Their first reaction was to cover up rather than "fess up." Fig leaves can never hide the root problem of sin, but even today, we still try this approach (v. 7). Instead of acknowledging and confessing sin, we often attempt a quick surface fix of the situation.


Adam and Eve's second response was to avoid God. They knew they were guilty of disobeying, but instead of coming to Him to reestablish their relationship, they hid from Him in fear (v. 8). We can do the same thing when sin breaks our fellowship with the Lord. Have you ever found yourself avoiding prayer and time in the Scriptures because you were struggling with sin and felt guilty?


A third reaction was to try and avoid personal responsibility by blaming others (vv. 12-13). Shifting guilt to another person can't remove it. We are each responsible before God for our actions, regardless of the circumstances or who else is involved.


Despite Adam and Eve's sin and their evasive ways of handling it, the Lord came to them (v. 9). Our sin is never large enough to keep Him away; our Father still calls to us and asks, "Where are you?" He knows what we have done and why, but He questions us so that we can come to realize our desperate state.


Never let guilt or shame keep you from God. He continually seeks those who have made a mess of their life and speaks to them through His Word, His Spirit, and His people. Forgiveness and a restored relationship await all who are willing to listen and respond with confession and repentance.


For more biblical teaching and resources from Dr. Charles Stanley, please visit http://www.intouch.org/



Lead Me To The Cross



Savior I come
Quiet my soul
Remember (yeah)
Redemption's hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom

Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Chorus:
Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as I
Tempted and tried
Human (yeah)
The word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen

Everything I once I held dear
I count it all as loss

Chorus

Bridge:
To your heart
To your heart
Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart

1 comment:

KrippledWarrior said...

Sometimes it is very hard to confess my missteps.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin