God, I Look To You





The Wisdom You Need Is There for the Asking
Pastor Adrian Rogers

“He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: He is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.” Proverbs 2:7

In Christ there is soundness, strength, security, and satisfaction. When you come to Him with urgency, fervency, persistency, and expectancy, you will hear from Him. He is not going to think you are pestering Him; He is pleased when you ask Him for His wisdom.

Annie Johnson Flint, that blessed hymn writer, wrote: “His love has no limit, His grace has no measure, His power no boundary known unto man; For out of His infinite riches in Jesus, He giveth and giveth and giveth again.”

Ask Him, “Lord, I need to make a decision. What college doI choose? Should I marry this man or not? Is this the job You want me to have? What mechanic do I use to repair my car? Where do you want me to live? Do I rent or own?” Cast all your cares upon Him today, for He longs to fill you with Himself.

For more from Love Worth Finding and Pastor Adrian Rogers, 
please visit www.lwf.org. 







God, I look to You 

I won't be overwhelmed 
Give me vision to see things like You do 
God, I look to You 

You're where my help comes from 
Give me wisdom, 
You know just what to do 

 And I will love You, Lord, my strength 
And I will love You, Lord, my shield 
And I will love You, Lord, my rock 

Forever all my days I will love You, God 


 Hallelujah, our God reigns 
Hallelujah, our God reigns 
Hallelujah, our God reigns 

Forever, all my days, hallelujah











Persuasion
Bayless Conley


Acts 28:23-24 provides us a great example of the next "P" of evangelism,


So when they had appointed him a day, many came to him at his lodging, to whom he explained and solemnly testified of the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus from both the Law of Moses and the Prophets, from morning till evening.  And some were persuaded by the things which were spoken, and some disbelieved.


Some people are going to need to be persuaded, they are going to need more than proclamation, because they are honestly grappling with questions that need to be dealt with.  Those questions are like roadblocks in front of them that will need to be removed so they can advance and embrace the gospel.


They may have questions like, "Well, why can't other religions save?  Why does Jesus have to be the only way?"  Or, "What's this deal about the Jews?  Why did the Savior have to come from the Jews?"  Or it may be, "What about people who don't hear?  How could it be fair that they would perish?"


When people have questions like these, they are genuinely seeking answers, so give them Biblical reasons.  If you don't have an answer, tell them you don't know.  Say, "You know what?  That's a good question, and I don't know the answer.  But I'm going to find one for you."  Then go study your Bible and find the answer.
Or go to the Bible bookstore and find a book that deals with that subject.  Or ask a Christian friend who knows more than you do and find an answer.  Then go back to the person and give them an answer.


You will find that when you give people legitimate Scriptural answers, they will respond and often be saved. 


Visit the Answers with Bayless Conley website for more ways to 
Connect with God 





1 comment:

Jane Hoppe said...

I love pictures of Jesus with lambs. And I just this morning got out my biggest sticky notes to jot down all the decisions I need to ask God about.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin