Qualities of Love + Corrupting The Image




The Qualities of Love
Bayless Conley


For the last number of devotionals, we have focused our attention on how love is such a vital quality to the Christian life.  We have seen that unless we love, any of the spiritual gifts are meaningless.
We have also seen that God has deposited His love in us already, and as a result, it is our responsibility to choose to express that love.  It is not something we can put on God's shoulders.  We must take on that obligation. 


So what do those qualities of love really look like?  I want to share with you 1 Corinthians 13 from the Amplified Bible, but I want to do it with a twist.  I want to make it personal and show how, if we choose to love as God has asked us to love, it will look.


1 Corinthians 13:4-8 from the Amplified Bible…personalized (read it out loud),


I endure long, and I am patient and kind.  I am never envious or boil over with jealousy.  I am not boastful or vainglorious.  I do not display myself haughtily.  I am not conceited, arrogant, or inflated with pride.  I am not rude or unmannerly.  I do not act unbecomingly.  God's love in me does not insist on its own rights or its own way for I am not self-seeking.  I am not touchy or fretful or resentful.  I take no account of the evil done to me.  I do not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but I rejoice when right and truth prevail.  I bear up under anything and everything that comes, and I am ever ready to believe the best of every person.  My hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and I endure everything without weakening.  God's love in me never fails.


I challenge you to read this out loud to yourself every day for a month, and see if it does not change your life! 


Visit the Answers with Bayless Conley website for more ways to Connect with God 




.


Prophecy In The News:
Corrupting The Image with Doug Hamp





According to the prophecy of Genesis 3:15, the serpent will one day mix his seed as a counterfeit of the incarnation. Yeshua told us that the last days will be like the days of Noah during which, according to Genesis, fallen angels mixed their seed with humanity. According to the Book of Daniel, we know that “they” will attempt to mingle with the seed of Men. The day of fulfillment for those prophecies is now!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin