Alone with God

"Great eagles fly alone; great lions hunt alone,
great souls walk alone--alone with God."
Leonard Ravenhill


"Language has created the word loneliness to express the pain of being alone, and the word solitude to express the GLORY of being alone." Paul Tillich

"Practice the art of "aloneness" and you will discover the treasure of tranquility. Develop the art of solitude and you will unearth the gift of serenity." William Arthur Ward

"Every man must do two things alone; he must do his own believing, and his own dying." Martin Luther King

"When you pray, go into a room alone and close the door. Pray to your FATHER in private. He knows what is done in private, and he will reward you." Matthew 6:6

Jesus Prays for Future Believers:

"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the GLORY that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and I have LOVED them even as you have loved me.

Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me BEFORE the creation of the world.

"Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you know to them, and will continue to make you know in order that the LOVE you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them. John 17:20-26

The Westminster Collection of Christian Quotes, complied by Martin H. Manswer, Westminster John Knox Press, ISBN #0-664-22258-7

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin