Always Check the Facts




Always Check the Facts


Below is a reader comment that I received about the "World Net Daily" Faith2Action Commentary written by Janet Porter about how David Wilkerson's "Times Square Church" made sandwiches just prior to 9/11.


DAN'S COMMENT: I heard the story about the sandwiches at a church meeting last night, but was doubtful so I called Wilkerson's Times Square Church office this morning and found that yest, they had cancelled events in the weeks prior to the event as widely reported on the Internet, but that the sandwiches were made after the planes struck the towers, not before.

PERSONAL COMMENT: To confirm this I just telephoned the "Times Square Church" and was told that sandwiches were made on 9/11 and not the day before. Actually it never dawned on me to check the facts of this story, so thanks Dan for going that extra mile!

TAKE AWAY POINTS TO CONSIDER

Not everything we read is true! If at all possible always check the facts.

Psalm 25:21 "Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee."

"Show yourself in all respects a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity." Titus 2:7 (NRSV)

"More depends on my walk than my talk." Dwight Lyman (D.L.) Moody

"Growth in the Christian life depends on obedience in times of crisis." James Dobson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are so right!!
and what is so sad.. no ones does it..
XO
~Christine

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin