Standing in the Gap
















Standing in the Gap
Bayless Conley

Justice is turned back, and righteousness stands afar off; for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter. So truth fails, and he who departs from evil makes himself a prey. Then the LORD saw it, and it displeased Him that there was no justice. He saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor; therefore His own arm brought salvation for Him; and His own righteousness, it sustained Him (Isaiah 59:14-16).

God is not pleased at injustice nor when truth and righteousness do not prevail. hen He sees those who turn from evil becoming a prey, He is not happy.

I remember a young man who an had lived a particularly sordid life. He heard the gospel and had an amazing conversion experience. Within a month or so of accepting Christ, he was diagnosed with testicular cancer.

What happened? He departed from evil and became a prey! God was not responsible for his situation, nor was He pleased.

Why did it happen? At least part of the answer is found in verse 16. There was no man serving as an intercessor. No one was keeping a hedge of protection around that young man through prayer.

Before and after people turn from evil we need to intercede to God on their behalf.

I challenge you today to be one of those who stands in the gap and makes up the hedge for new babes in Christ. May God find pleasure in you and me as we take our position as intercessors.

Visit the Answers with Bayless Conley website for more ways to Connect with God.





Today's Scripture: 

 Genesis 50 "Jacob's Funeral"

Did you know that Jacob's name means “Son of Adam”, the man of the flesh. Later on the Lord changed his name to Israel means “The man walking after God’s spirit.” 
Jacob is the son of Isaac and Rebekah, the grandson of Abraham and Sarah and of Bethuel, and he is the younger twin brother of Esau. Jacob had twelve sons and at least one daughter, by his two wives, Leah and Rachel, and by their maidservants, whom he also married, Bilhah and Zilpah. The children named in Genesis were Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, daughter Dinah, Joseph, and Benjamin.

While dying, Jacob brought each of his 12 sons into his bedroom and pronounced a blessing on them (Genesis 49).   The amazing thing is that the blessing Jacob pronounced on each son, was a Prophecy that had to do with the “Last Days.”

It is interesting that the Great Tribulation Period described in the Book of Revelation, was called in the Old Testament: “The time of Jacob’s Trouble.”  Jeremiah 30:7  says:  Alas! For that day is great, So that none is like it; And it is the time of Jacob’s trouble, But he shall be saved out of it.

In a dream this week, I clearly heard the sound of my husband's voice say "the title deed has been sold to Jake" and as I've already mentioned that the name Jake just happens to be the name of my neighbor's dog.   But upon closer reflection and review, I have learned that the 21st century name Jake is slang for Jacob.  So has the title deed to the land been sold and is the time of Jacob trouble about to begin? I'll let you the reader decided.

Digging Deeper -- The Prophecy's of Jacob's Sons





Kristian Stanfill - Always

My foes are many
They rise against me
But I will hold my ground
I will not fear the war
I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way
My help is on the way

Oh, my God
He will not delay
My refuge and strength, always
I will not fear
His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

Trouble surrounds me
Chaos abounding
My soul will rest in You
I will not fear the war
I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way
My help is on the way

I lift my eyes up
My help comes from the Lord

1 comment:

KrippledWarrior said...

Intercessory Prayer is one of my gifts.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin